Does feeding your kids feel like a fight? Well take off your boxing gloves, and put on your oven mitts. Raising a Healthy, Happy Eater: A Stage-by-Stage Guide to Setting Your Child on the Path to Adventurous Eating is here to help.
And guess what? The Doctor and the Dad are giving away a free copy of this cool new book – keep reading to learn how you can win!
Raising a Healthy, Happy Eater is a fact-filled resource for parents who need to troubleshoot their children’s pre-existing food problems, as well as for those who simply want to make sure they’re raising a family full of good eaters.
It’s loaded (like a platter full of potato skins) with useful tips for when you’re:
- wondering how to introduce your infant to solid foods
- afraid your child might need feeding therapy
- looking for ways to cope with food allergies
- needing advice about introducing kids to exotic cuisines
- sick of ordering only chicken nuggets and mac and cheese from kids’ menus
- and lots, lots, lots more!
But be warned: with so much information in it, this book is not a quick read.
The authors – pediatrician Dr. Nimali Fernando and children’s food coach Melanie Potock – really know their stuff…and they’ve stuffed it all into a single book. The content covers kids of all ages, containing literally hundreds of tips that address every aspect of children’s eating you can image.
So it’s less like a light snack, and more like an over-the-top Las Vegas buffet.
But if you ever run into any concerns about your child’s diet, having all that information available to you is certainly a good thing.
Just know that you’re not going to be able to read this book cover-to-cover. Instead, we recommend using it as a reference guide to answer whatever food questions you currently have. (And maybe as a paperweight to keep your napkins from blowing away during picnics.)
We’ll write about one of the most interesting things we learned from Raising a Healthy, Happy Eater next week.
Win a free book!
The Doctor and the Dad are randomly selecting one lucky reader to receive a free copy of Raising a Healthy, Happy Eater: A Stage-by-Stage Guide to Setting Your Child on the Path to Adventurous Eating! And there are three ways to enter for your chance to win:
- Make sure you’ve subscribed to receive email updates from our website, then leave a comment on this article below.
- Make sure you’ve liked our Doctor and Dad Facebook page, then share this article on Facebook with the tag @TheDoctorAndTheDad.
- Make sure you’re following our Doctor and Dad Twitter feed, then tweet a link to this article with the tag @DoctorAndDad.
All entries must be received by April 20, 2016. One entry per person per entry method – so if you do all three, you’ll triple your chances of winning!
Good luck everybody!